Lips exfoliation routine
You should aim to exfoliate approximately two times a week to encourage maximum cell turnover and keep your pout feeling and looking soft and silky. It’s a good idea to include your lip exfoliation sessions as part of your skincare regime, or, if you enjoy a weekly pampering day, you could do it then instead?
Simple 6 step guide to lip exfoliation
1) Tie back your hair away from your face and wash your hands
2) Prepare your DIY lipscrub or take your premade product and set it out ready for use.
3) Fill a small bowl with warm water and place some cotton pads or a muslin cloth to one side. You’ll need these to wipe the scrub mixture away.
4) Apply your scrub product to your lip area for around two minutes in small circles. Scrub gently and don’t go over the area too harshly.
5) Wipe away the remaining product on your lips with a piece of muslin or damp cotton pad.
6) Gently dry your lips with a piece of cotton wool, then apply lip balm to lock in moisture.